Simply put, an L1 Visa is a document typically used for short-term contractors and workers. In other words, the L1 Visa is for those who wish to work in the United States for a relatively short period of time. It is available for those who need to work or have business dealings in the U.S. for anywhere from two months to five years. And even with extensions, the L1 Visa can only be used for a maximum of 7 years. That said, let's take a closer look at this Visa and what it takes to qualify for it.
With two different types of L1 Visas, one for managers and executives, and one for specialized employees who possess unique expert knowledge, the process is essentially the same for both types. What makes the use of these Visas so important is that they allow companies to temporarily access the brilliance of a particular employee in order to help a company advance a product or service. Those who most commonly use this type of Visa include computer programmers and specialized consultants, among many others. In order to qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
• Executive or employee must have a petition submitted on their behalf by the company or organization.
• Petitioning employer must have a qualifying relationship with the foreign company the executive or employee works for; i.e. parent company, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary.
• The employer must be presently doing business as an employer in the US as well as at least one other foreign country.
• Employer must have also completed at least one year of continuous employment for the foreign company within the last three years.
• Employee must express intent to leave the US once the project is complete.
Offering an array of financial products for international students, Boro is the leading platform for students acquiring auto loans, leases, and personal loans. Making it easier for international students to get the resources necessary to take their lives and careers to the next level, Boro is an excellent resource for those who will be traveling to the US on an L1 Visa as well as many others. Here to assist you on your journey to success, Boro would be glad to provide you with the financial backing you deserve.